Volunteers have a positive impact on
children, schools and our city...
Last year, hundreds of volunteers helped to improve school buildings inside and out, chaperoned field trips, mentored, tutored and motivated our scholars to believe in themselves and achieve academically. Your time and support can change lives.
To become a CMSD volunteer:
Contact your school principal for available opportunities.
- Complete the Online Application . Please use CHROME as your web browser.
- If volunteer is a minor they must complete the minor application packet. Please note if minor is volunteering individually for service hours and during school day time hours they must have signature of their school Principal or school staff representative.
- If you are the main contact of a community group or corporate partner wanting to volunteer at a school, download the Community & Corporate Partner Volunteer Registration Form. If volunteers are under 18 years of age they must fill out the Minor Volunteer Release form.
- If you have registered as an individual volunteer, please check with your school on scheduling to attend a Volunteer Orientation and let school staff know when you are ready to take your volunteer picture for your ID. You will not need to register again next year unless you have changed or added a new school site.
- Volunteers belonging to a "group" must be identified as a group member. If a group does not provide a visible ID, the members need to request an ID badge at the school or contact the Volunteer Manager for assistance. Volunteers serving with a community partner are required to register every school year.
Volunteers make a difference by:
- strengthening school programs
- helping to establish parent groups
- sponsoring special events
- serving on a school advisory committee
The Board of Education is committed to promoting community and family engagement to enhance our scholars’ education in a variety of in-school and extracurricular activities.
Judith Lozada, Volunteer Manager
Office of Family and Community Engagement
Start making a difference in our schools today!