~Featured in the New York Times
~First and only all-male public high school in Ohio
~Created for at-risk boys in 2007, Ginn boasts a 100 percent promotion rate in grades 9-12
~Graduates have earned $2.7 million in college scholarships
Address: 655 East 162nd St
Cleveland, OH 44110
216.531.4466 (Main Number)
8:15 a.m. -2:45 p.m.
I want to welcome everyone to the 2014-15 school year to Ginn Academy.
This time of year always brings a sense excitement as we count down to the start of school. We have a great school-year planned for our students and look forward to having them back in our classrooms on Aug. 13. Our vision is to be the best school that empowers our students to graduate life-ready — academically and socially prepared for college and/or careers!
To that end, our mission is simple — to develop each child to their fullest potential and prepare them for the next level of life! Our expectations are very high for every student and employee in our school.
To meet this important vision and mission, we focus our efforts on five fundamental questions that drive the work in our schools:
1. Do we have a clear plan for building positive, professional relationships with students, their families and one another?
2. Do we have clear procedures for making sure we are teaching the standards that we expect all students to know and be able to do in order to graduate college and/or career ready?
3. Do we have clear procedures for making sure our students have learned the standards?
4. Do we have clear procedures for making sure we “fix it” when students struggle learning and meeting the standards?
5. Do we have clear procedures for providing enrichments and “stretch” learning for students who are already meeting or exceeding the standards?
We will maintain a sharp focus on these guiding questions in our work throughout the 2014-15 school year.