Background Check Information
Current employees may check their status through their Educator Profile on Ohio Department of Education's website.
If you would like to request a copy of a previously completed background check from your employee file, contact Juanita Brown in Talent Operations via email at Juanita.Brown@clevelandmetroschools.org or via phone at 216-838-0048.
Please send all licensure inquiries to Licensing@clevelandmetroschools.org or contact our CMSD Licensure Coordinator, Terresa Franklin, at 216-838-0099.
Please note that effective as of January 1, 2014, the Ohio Department of Education no longer processes paper applications of any
kind. All license application must be done online at the ODE website.
Go to the "How Do I?" tab on the Ohio Department of Education's Website for instructions on how to:
- Renew your license
- Check on the status of your license
- Apply for a new license
If you are having difficulty with the ODE's online application process, please contact them directly at
877-664-6338 for assistance. CMSD cannot provide assistance with the ODE online application.IPDP information:
Employee Change of Demographics FormPlease print, complete and scan the attached Demographic Change Form (pdf) to Benefits@clevelandmetroschools.org.
- Please contact Carrie Luce (Sr Onboarding/HQT Coordinator) via email at Carrie.Luce@clevelandmetroschools.org or via phone at 216-838-0271.
- Employment and Income Verifications should be directed to The Work Number. The Work Number can be accessed via phone at 1-800-367-5690 or online via theworknumber.com. Reference the Cleveland Metropolitan School District identification number which is 10298.
- Garnishments (Payroll) and "Back Service" (Summer Youth Employment or
Retirement credit) can be directed to Benjamin Steele (Payroll Specialist) via email at Benjamin.firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 216-838-0358.
- Loan Forgiveness inquiries should be directed to Marcia Logan (HRIS Analyst) via email at Marcia.Logan@clevelandmetroschools.org or via phone at 216-838-0061.
Teacher Contract/Compensation information:
Non-Teaching Contract/Compensation/Differential information:
- For inquiries related to teacher contracts and compensation, please contact Amanda Artbauer (Compensation Analyst) via email at Amanda.email@example.com.
Leave of Absence Information (of any type)
- For inquiries related to non-teaching contracts, compensation and differentials, please contact Claire Akers (Compensation Analyst) via email at Claire.Akers@clevelandmetroschools.org.
- For Leave of Absence (LOA) inquiries, please contact Tasha Adams (Leave Administrator) via phone at 216-838-0054.