Training and certification requirements
OTES Training Dates
Re-credentialing for 2017-2018
- Take three hours of online / video training.
- Take and pass the corresponding credentialing exam.
- Sign up for a date and time to complete both of the previously-mentioned requirements in a proctored setting.
- When you have passed the 2017-2018 re-certification test, you also will be able print a certificate from this menu.
- Keep a copy for your records and consider posting this in your office.
- The new credential will be valid for two years from the date of successful passage of the test.
- All administrators are encouraged to post a copy of their certificate(s) in their office.
Candidates must bring their NIET log in information, OTES manual, and photo identification.
Additional and Helpful Steps to Get Ready for Re-Credentialing
If your OTES expires in the middle of the 17-18 SY do not wait until school is session to renew. Be proactive and renew sooner rather than later.
Be sure, now, to log into the NIET website
Your educator license number is your user name for accessing the site. You will find this number by logging into SAFE and accessing the My Educator Profile section of ODE CORE.
If you do not remember your NIET password, you will find directions on creating a new password on the NIET login screen.
Note your expiration date.
While logged in on the NIET website, you can find the expiration date for your current credentials by using the links:My Account, Online Credentialing, and Teacher Evaluation Credentialing Test. In the bottom right corner, you can view your credential history. If needed the support address for NIET is Support@niet.org