- $65 million budget deficit for 2012-13 school year
- 31,000 children attend failing schools
- More than 30,000 students have left CMSD in ten years
What success could look like:
Across the country, urban districts are moving from a traditional, single-source school district … to a portfolio of district and charter schools held to the highest standards and working in partnership to create dramatic student achievement… thereby shifting the role of central office from compliance to performance management and improvement.
Characteristics of Portfolio Districts
- Citywide choices & options for families
- School autonomy
- Pupil-based funding
- Diverse Support providers
- Talent-seeking strategy
- Extensive public engagement
- Performance-based accountability for schools
- Center for Reinventing Public Education
Workday will help meet the operational needs of CMSD to support Talent Management and back office HR, Payroll, Budget, Procurement and Finance processes outlined in The Cleveland Plan. The CMSD Workday program will achieve increased operational effectiveness and efficiencies in business processes enabling focused education and learning with flexibility to support future 21st century learning.