Grades 7 and 8 Fact Sheet
Making Proud Choices
- Six lessons on the following topics
- Male and female anatomy and reproduction.
- Feelings, Fears, and Frustrations
- STD Facts
- Myths and Facts About Pregnancy
- Sexual Coercion/Acquaintance Rape
- Refusal/Negotiation Skills
National Health Education Performance Indicators
- Identify the body systems and describe their functions.
- Describe effective communication skills and ways to deal
with peer pressure.
- Identify sources, symptoms, and treatment of sexually transmitted diseases. Distinguish between effective techniques to avoid
spreading HIV and AIDS.
- Explain how someone becomes pregnant and identify ways to tell if
you are pregnant.
- Demonstrate refusal and negotiation skills to avoid or reduce