Grades 4, 5, and 6 Fact Sheet
Seven lessons on the following topics
- Gender Roles/Friendship
- Sexual Exploitation
- Reproduction System/Pregnancy
National Health Education Performance Indicators
- Analyze strategies to improve or maintain personal/family health.
- Describe the characteristics of a good friend and express a desire to have these characteristics.
- Identify common gender stereotypes
- Design a model for decision-making and problem solving.
- Discuss appropriate and inappropriate touch and how to “say no”, and how to respond to inappropriate touch.
- Explain maturation of the external and internal reproductive organs during puberty.
- Identify who is at risk for HIV/AIDS and other STDs, and how disease transmission can be prevented, including abstinence and consistent, correct condom use.