Department of Research and Evaluation
The Department of Research and Evaluation works collaboratively with external members such as the American Institutes of Research (A.I.R.), Mass Insight, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland State University. Our department also works collaboratively with the Department of Testing, Curriculum and Instruction, and the Academic Office at the Cleveland Metropolitan School District. The majority of our projects involve fulfilling requests such as creating student and teacher level datasets, student and school level proficiency reports, internal evaluations of programs, analyses to support student achievement, administering and analyzing Conditions For Learning data as part of our partnership with A.I.R., etc.. The department is also responsible for determining the admission of external data requests and research proposals.
How can the Department of Research and Evaluation assist you?Internal Requests
On request and based on priority and capacity. FERPA regulations apply.
- Program Evaluation
- Aggregated school level reports (broken down by Network) of student level achievement
- Teacher level reports of student level achievement
- Conditions for Learning Reports
- Aggregated School Level FAFSA Reports
- National Clearinghouse Data
- Aggregated Credit Recovery School Reports
- Longitudinal school and student growth analyses
- Aggregated school level OTELA reports
- Aggregated school level Suspension data
- And other requests.......
The Department of Research and Evaluation is responsible for determining the admission of external data requests and/or research proposals. We reserve the right to accept or decline any data requests and/or research proposals and will be reviewed by our Research and Evaluation Committee. Please allow 3-4 weeks for a decision on your request/proposal and you may not conduct any research until permission has been signed off by the Cleveland Metropolitan School District. Please note that any external data requests and/or research proposals should provide:
- A detailed description of your proposed research and/or data request. This description should explain the purpose of your research and a complete list of data you will be requesting. A sound research theory using valid and reliable techniques should also be included.
- Provide educational value to the CMSD or the Board of Education directly or to the field of education generally.
- Should not intervene upon instructional time or disrupt the educational process.
- Protect the privacy of students and staff and ensure compliance with state and federal laws. FERPA regulations will apply.
Who should I contact?Matthew Linick, Executive Director of Research and Evaluation